Job Requisition Number:75345
Category:Information Systems - Database
Primary Location:Reston, VA, US
Security Clearance:TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status:Must be Current
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required:None
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: TS/SCI with POLY+
WORK LOCATION: Northern VA work sites.
NOTE: This position requires candidates to currently hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. Due to the classified nature of the program we are unable to advertise the specific polygraph. Details will be discussed with qualified candidates.
CONTRACT DETAILS: This is a NEW 10 year contract with well over a 1000 positions (and continues to grow). If you are looking for a contract that can provide multiple assignments over the course of your career you have found a real home. Every position has that consultant-like feel to it where your efforts are making an impact on mission critical systems.
POSITION SUMMARY:Responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database which are likely to include planning, development and troubleshooting.
- Establishes the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Monitors performance and manages parameters to provide fast query responses to front end users.
- Maps out the conceptual design for a planned database in outline.
- Refines the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
- Assists in further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Installs and testes new versions of the database management system.
- Writes database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary.
- Controls access permissions and privileges.
- Develops, manages and testes backup and recovery plans.
- Ensures that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Analyzes the data stored in the database and makes recommendations relating to performance and efficiency of that data storage.
- Provides team leadership to less experienced staff.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience
- Top Secret clearance SCI access with favorable polygraph (TS/SCI POLY+)
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.