CACI International Autonomous/Adaptive Software Engineer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Autonomous/Adaptive Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Secret
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Continental US
CACI is looking for a new team member passionate about building the next generation of adaptive and AI-inspired algorithms for distributed agents to autonomously react and adapt to dynamic events. Our program’s mission is to improve capability to detect and defeat advanced threats and to deliver lethal effects while expanding maneuver envelope and autonomous real-time adaptation to a changing electromagnetic and tactical environment.
What You’ll Get to Do:
· Provide research and development of multi-agent algorithms for tactical aviation applications such as multi-agent behaviors to coordinate functions and mission sets.
· Conduct research into algorithmic concepts to understand and apply techniques for development of advanced RF payloads and intelligent algorithms that coordinate distributed assets to sense, locate and deny layered/networked threats in dynamic and contested environments.
· Conduct research and assessment of industry and service wide algorithms and techniques for autonomous, multi-agent coordination, including but not limited to literature reviews, industry requests for information, market surveys, etc.
· Develop algorithms that enable asset coordination creating new ways to detect and defeat the networked threat.
· Support technical reviews of vendor software products and deliverables, interface development and development of software algorithms and models for simulation.
· Work with customers (both internal and external to CACI) to help integrate our solutions into a wide variety of applications and use cases
· Debug, test, and validate our capabilities using both unit tests as well as scenarios reported by our end users
· Travel to other CACI locations and/or customer sites in the US as necessary (travel requirement is typically 0 - 10%)
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
· A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
· 5+ years related work experience.
· Understanding of principles in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning concepts and techniques
· Proficiency in adaptive reasoning software algorithms that provide autonomous, real-time evaluation and optimize coordination.
· C/C++/Python programming experience, shown through project work or code examples
· Knowledge of multi-agent algorithms and their implementations, or an ability to learn and understand existing implementations.
· Candidate must show strong critical thinking skills, researching a topic that has never been done before.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Minimum Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain/maintain a US Government Clearance at the TS/SCI level.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
· Knowledge in RF fields such as signal processing or radar
· Knowledge of Electronic Warfare or comparable discipline
· Modeling and Simulation experience (i.e. Matlab)
· Ability to read and understand technical specifications, and create software-based implementations of the procedures and methods described therein
· A drive to continuously improve and refine existing capabilities alongside new development opportunities.
· Ability to work with a distributed team and manage your time effectively across multiple, simultaneous projects.
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.