CACI International RF Software Engineer in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
RF Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Secret
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Continental US
CACI is looking for a new team member passionate about building the next generation of signal processing algorithms for detecting and geo-locating threats to autonomously react and deploy countermeasures. Our program’s mission is to improve capability to detect and defeat advanced threats while expanding maneuver envelope and autonomous real-time adaptation to a changing electromagnetic and tactical environment.
What You’ll Get to Do:
· Provide research and development of algorithms for distributed sensing concepts such as geolocation techniques, correlation of RF data and multi-sensory data (i.e. RF and EO/IR).
· Research of the state-of-the-art signal processing algorithms.
· Develop and analyze models of novel algorithmic concepts to produce distributed electronic sensing effects for Army aviation payloads.
· Develop RF signal processing algorithms that enable threat detection and identification for employing countermeasures.
· Develop algorithmic approach to detect known and unknown threats using new feature sets
· Investigate heterogeneous sensing concepts across different platforms (i.e. manned and unmanned, high altitude ISR, ALE, etc.). Investigate sensing approaches with passive modes.
· Support technical reviews of vendor software products and deliverables, interface development and development of software algorithms and models for simulation.
· Work with customers (both internal and external to CACI) to help integrate our solutions into a wide variety of applications and use cases
· Debug, test, and validate our capabilities using both unit tests as well as scenarios reported by our end users
Travel to other CACI locations and/or customer sites in the US as necessary (travel requirement is typically 0 - 15%)
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
· A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
· 5+ years related work experience.
· Understanding of principles in RF fields and propagation, Radar, and Electronic Warfare.
· A strong signal processing background.
· Proficiency in Modeling and Simulation (i.e. Matlab).
· Ability to read and understand technical specifications, and create software-based implementations of the procedures and methods described therein
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Minimum Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain/maintain an US Government Clearance at the TS/SCI level.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
· A drive to continuously improve and refine existing capabilities alongside new development opportunities.
· Ability to work with a distributed team and manage your time effectively across multiple, simultaneous projects.
· Knowledge in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning concepts
· C/C++/Python programming experience, shown through project work or code examples
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.