CACI International Technical Writer with TS SCI *Poly (Multiple Openings) in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Technical Writer with TS SCI *Poly (Multiple Openings)
Job Category: Service Contract Act
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Local
More About the Role:
CACI has an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Technical Writer in the Annapolis Junction area. Qualified candidates must have the ability to work at the senior level, and a current TS/SCI with Poly. Your excellent communications skills will be necessary to craft your customer’s messages and coordinate across the enterprise. This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth!
This position is ultimately responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Technical Writer area of responsibility.
What You'll Do:
You will use your eight years of technical writing experience to prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents. You will be responsible for the technical documentation of a wide variety of internal processes and productions activities to include work instructions, standard operating procedures, production processes, security handing procedures, and governance documents as well as quality assurance activities and training materials. You will work in a small team environment that also supports configuration management activities and documentation oversight functions.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
TS/SCI with active polygraph
Six (6) Eight (8) years’ experience as a Technical Writer on large programs and contracts. Master’s degree may be substituted for two years’ experience; or four years of additional tech writing experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
In addition, the following skills are a plus:
Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required; Proficiency in MS Project and Access is a plus.
Detail oriented and analytical.
Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
Excellent oral and written communications skills.
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 60 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Additional Job Description
Additional Job Description
◦ Seasoned technical individual contributor
◦ Work independently with limited supervision
◦ Work well in a small team atmosphere
◦ Coach and review the work of other team member's
◦ Documentation of processes may sometimes be complex
◦ Influence others regarding procedures and work instructions
◦ Works to achieve operational improvements with significant impact on production and distribution results. Works independently under limited supervision.
Innovation & Complexity:
◦ Responsible for documenting technical solutions that may require collaboration with internal expertise .
◦ Problems and issues faced are difficult, and may require understanding of broader set of issues. Problems typically involve consideration of multiple issues, job areas or specialties.
Communication & Influence:
◦ Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function. May have responsibility for coordinating with other organizations.
◦ Works to influence parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, practices, and procedures.
Leadership & Talent Management:
◦ Responsible for supporting a small technical team to include sharing guidance, experience, and training to other employees within job area. May oversee specific aspects and coordination activities to include work assignments and internal reviews.
Knowledge & Experience:
◦ Requires advanced understanding and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, and technical concepts obtained through education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
◦ Typically, a University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of related work experience is required
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.