CACI International Automation Test Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
Automation Test Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Secret
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: None
Serves as an Automation Test Engineer for the Integrated Personnel and Pay System-Army (IPPS-A) - once complete IPPS-A will be the largest integrated personnel and pay system in the world!
Automation Engineer works under minimal supervision, performs tasks related to automation testing of the PeopleSoft-based IPPS-A enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
This person will be responsible for determining optimal approach to automated testing of complex products or solutions in order to assure compliance with applicable specifications. This includes identifying and recommending product or solution characteristics that optimize their ability to be tested or to provide test data for diagnostic purposes. Combines customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints. Develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems. Coordinates integrated testing activities. Reviews and evaluates test requirements to ensure completeness of test program. Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create overall approach for test automation for Enterprise project(s)
• Develop and maintain test automation framework using HP UFT and HP ALM
• Develop functional and regression test automation for web applications and APIs
• Perform manual Functional Testing when required
• Strong scripting knowledge using UFT's VB Script
• Reports test results and maintain schedules for assigned features and functionality
• Collect metrics to measure test progress
• Provides technical expertise on specific products, operating systems and specialized environments
• Assists Test Team with improving test automation skills
• Assists technical services staff in the resolution of customer escalations
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned
• Active Secret clearance is required
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years of experience in Test Automation using the HP tools ALM/UFT
• Experience testing products in multiple software browsers in a Windows environment
• Experience with designing automation framework
• Possesses strong theoretical knowledge in software testing processes and methodologies
• Experience in writing and executing SQL statements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Hold one or more quality-related certifications (e.g. ASQ CSQE, ISTQB CTFL, etc.)
• Experience with mobile automation testing software or technique for Android and iOS platforms
What We Can Offer You:
-We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
-Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
-We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
-We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before starting employment with CACI.