CACI International Technical Writer (Training) in Arlington, Virginia
Technical Writer (Training)
Job Category: Engineering and Technical Support
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Secret
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Continental US
Technical Writer for the Integrated Personnel and Pay System – Army (IPPS-A) Increment II Program.
What you’ll get to do:
Work alongside a high functioning and fast-paced team in a Training Development environment to create and revise technical documents such as reference manuals, and user guides. As an embedded part of a team of Trainer Developers, the technical writer’s role would include:
· Write and edit technical documents including reference manual and product manuals
· Write and edit procedural documentation such as user guides and manuals
· Determines the type of publications that will best serve the project requirements
· Meet with trainers, developers, functional subject matter experts, and project managers to learn about specific products and processes
· Research product samples to fully understand product
· Assess the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjusts tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding
· Plan writing processes and sets timelines and deadlines
· Create or works with graphic designers to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process
· Gather feedback from customers and developers to improve technical documents
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications you'll bring:
BS/BA Degree and 5-7 years experience as a Technical Writer
Active Security Clearance
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent writing and grammatical skills
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Ability to present complex data in clear, concise text
Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently
Ability to edit and proofread work of colleagues
Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software
Qualifications that are nice to have:
Experience in a large enterprise technical/SDLC environment/team
Experience in a training development environment
Prior DoD SI experience
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.