CACI International Technical Writer (Training/Graphic Design) in Arlington, Virginia
Technical Writer/Graphics Design for the Integrated Personnel and Pay System – Army (IPPS-A) Increment II Program.
What you’ll get to do:
Work alongside a high functioning and fast-paced team in a Training Development environment to create and revise technical documents such as reference manuals, and user guides. As an embedded part of a team of Trainer Developers, the technical writer’s role would include:
· Write and edit technical documents including reference manual and product manuals using graphic design tools like Adobe After Effects.
· Write and edit procedural documentation such as user guides and manuals
· Determines the type of publications that will best serve the project requirements
· Meet with trainers, developers, functional subject matter experts, and project managers to learn about specific products and processes
· Research product samples to fully understand product
· Assess the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjusts tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding
· Plan writing processes and sets timelines and deadlines
· Create or works with graphic designers to create diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process
· Gather feedback from customers and developers to improve technical documents
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications you'll bring:
BS/BA Degree and 5-7 years experience as a Technical Writer
Active Security Clearance
Experience with Technical writing AND graphic design
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent writing and grammatical skills
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Ability to present complex data in clear, concise text
Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently
Ability to edit and proofread work of colleagues
Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software
Qualifications that are nice to have:
Experience with Adobe After Effects.
Experience in a large enterprise technical/SDLC environment/team
Experience in a training development environment
Prior DoD SI experience
What We Can Offer You:- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.