CACI International Test Engineer in Ashburn, Virginia
The ideal candidate is an experienced Software Tester, familiar with Agile Scrum, software quality assurance/test experience and 508 experience. The candidate will have an understanding of Agile software development practices, delivering deployable software in short sprints. They will work in close collaboration with software developers/engineers, stakeholders, and end users within Agile processes. This position is responsible for ensuring that all assigned work activities are performed in a timely and cost effective manner while maintaining the highest quality of performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work under the direction of the Lead Quality Assurance (QA) Test Engineer.
Develop and execute software test plans, test cases, and test scripts for Integration, Migration, Regression, and/or Performance testing, in order to identify system and software problems and their causes, recording defect backlog items, reporting the results of testing and resolving testing defects.
Active participation in Agile Scrum sprint planning, artifact creation, sprint testing, regression testing, demonstrations and retrospectives and solution releases.
Trace requirements to test cases to ensure coverage for full system integration test.
Ensure functional and technical requirements are met through system testing, regression testing, performance testing and system interface testing activities.
Identify, create and secure test data as necessary.
Perform functional administration, configuration, and utilization of testing tools.
Collect, track and report test metrics and briefs leadership on test status.
Work collaboratively with development team to review design specifications and acceptance criteria.
Research and solves user problems by analyzing existing systems.
Attend reoccurring working sessions as applicable.
• Must Have Active Secret Clearance.
• College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline.
• Strong testing background, preferably with two (2) years’ experience in incremental development projects using an Agile Scrum approach..
• Experience testing solutions developed in C#/.Net (preferred). Additionally, familiarity with any of the following is highly desirable: XML, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, VMware, information exchanges, client server, Object Oriented Development, Continuous integration, Automated testing, UML, Class diagrams, n-tier solutions.
• Ability to write test documentation - Test Plans; Test Procedures; Change Requests; System Requirements Documents; Problem Reports, Discrepancy Reports..
• Excellent communication skills in English in written and spoken form.
• Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team.
• Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements, CM, quality assurance, and release management.
• Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong communication skills and work ethic; self-starter.
• Professional Experience: Bachelor's degree and 7+ years related technical/testing experience.
• Technical Certifications, CompTIA security plus
• Experience using Microsoft TFS and Agile project tools
• Acts independently to expose and resolve problems.
Experience in automation testing
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.