CACI International Expert Network Engineer in Chantilly, Virginia
Expert Network Engineer
Job Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 25%
Type of Travel: Outside Continental US
What You’ll Get to Do
· You will design, develop, test, and document network engineering solutions including network obfuscation for a network that stretches across the globe.
· Some OCONUS travel involved (2 trips of 2-3 days per year).
More About the Role
· Engineer and document network solutions including network obfuscation.
· Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
· Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
· Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
· Monitor network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
· Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
· Research, evaluate, and recommend new network equipment and technologies in support of the network.
· Develop and execute contingency plans for resiliency.
· Conduct quality, comprehensive LAB tests to prove viability of proposed engineering solutions.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
· TS/SCI with FSP required
· Experience designing and implementing wide area and/or local area networks
· Experience with network security best practices
· Excellent communication skills in technical, business, and client interactions
· Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
· Typically has a University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience and minimum 7 years of related work
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have
· Knowledge of type 1 encryption
· DevSecOps experience in cloud environment using tools such as GitLab/Hub and Jenkins; Confluence, JIRA
· Experience working with virtualized network devices in the cloud
· Network Engineering certification such as CCNA
AWS or other cloud certification such as Solution Architect
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.