CACI International Systems Engineer SME in Chantilly, Virginia
Systems Engineer SME
Job Category: Engineering
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 25%
Type of Travel: Outside Continental US
What You’ll Get to Do
· Engineer, design, develop, integrate, test, and document software solutions to monitor a network that stretches across the globe.
· Architect system changes and inject new technologies.
· Some OCONUS travel involved (2 trips of 2-3 days per year).
More About the Role
· Linux SME
· Engineer, integrate COTS tools and document systems solutions for network monitoring.
· Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
· Perform system maintenance and upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
· Monitor network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
· Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
· Research, evaluate, and recommend new technologies in support of the network.
· Develop and execute contingency plans for network resiliency.
· Conduct quality, comprehensive LAB tests to prove viability of proposed engineering solutions.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
· TS/SCI with FSP required
· Experience with hosting applications in Linux
· Experience with installing and configuring network monitoring tools
· Experience with security best practices such as hardening systems
· Excellent communication skills in technical, business, and client interactions
· Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
· Typically has a University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience and minimum 10 years of related work experience
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have
· DevSecOps experience in cloud environment using tools such as GitLab/Hub and Jenkins
· Experience using Atlassian tools – Confluence, JIRA
· Experience working with virtualized network devices in the cloud
Cloud certification (AWS, Azure)
What You’ll Get to Do:
This section should describe the overarching summary of the job and what is appealing about the opportunity.
More About the Role:
This section should outline the primary responsibilities of the position.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
This section should include required qualifications, including Years of Experience as outlined in the Job Leveling Guide. Remember, if your contract contains minimum Labor Category Qualifications, they must be included.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
This section should include and preferred or desired qualifications or attributes.
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. As such, any offers of employment may be contingent upon COVID-19 vaccination or an approved accommodation. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.