CACI International Data Scientist in Charlottesville, Virginia
Job Category: Science
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Top Secret
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Local
You will support the development and application of data mining analysis, aggregation, fusion, and visualization to process, analyze, and integrate raw data facilitating the production and dissemination of S&TI and GMI relating to foreign ground forces research, development, systems, weapon employment, effects, and operations.
You will integrate statistical data analysis with geospatial data and services to produce web services in an interactive map application. The focus of this work shall be to contribute to data-driven all-source analysis, assessment, and decision making for developing combat realistic foundational Intelligence.
You will ensure data is available in actionable, standard, and usable forms and the application of intelligence principles is in concert with a practical knowledge of information technology to provide direct technical mission support.
You will also design, develop, and implement custom tools designed to perform advanced data and GIS analysis, and automate workflows while working with structured and unstructured data sets.
You will also integrate and analyze data as necessary using MATLAB, Python, R, and C++, and conduct statistical analysis of geospatial and S&T data as well as (1) plan, organize, coordinate, and prosecute solutions and analysis to enhance understanding of threat system performance and capabilities. (2) Translate analytic requirements into applicable solutions and then into working applications for use by all-source analysts. (3) Apply a broad range of tools to analytical requirements to achieve credible results. (4) Examine, screen, and verify reasonableness of data; make updates and corrections as appropriate. (5) Analyze data of real-world employment and effects to generate reports and give presentations documenting the results of simulation projects.
You will work collaboratively with STEM subject matter experts (SMEs) in:
• Processing, tagging/labeling/parsing/indexing unstructured, semi-structured, and structured classified and unclassified data sets.
• Developing research designs (including formulating testable questions, identifying, and defining key concept and variables, and matching appropriate methods to problems.)
• Data project management (including identifying, collecting, cleaning, and preparing data) and creating, structuring, and maintaining data sets.
• Data analysis (including manipulating datasets and interpreting findings using a mix of programs/environments (such as R, Python, MATLAB) and techniques (e.g., text and pattern analysis, supervised and unsupervised data clustering, classification, change/anomaly detection, time-series, regression, geospatial, and/or social network analysis.)
• Using text/web data analytics for establishing and expanding keyword searches and using bibliometric analysis tools to perform horizon scans and deep dives into NGIC identified S&T research fields
• Creating mathematical models and coding in R, Python, MATLAB, and Excel
• Natural Language Processing
• Providing experience with Big Data (parallel processing power and options for handling analysis of data)
• Understanding the retrieval processes from databases using industry-standard query languages (e.g., SQL)
• Application of these skills to Military Operations and technology
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
MA/MS degree in a related scientific field (Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, etc.)
3+ years of experience on related programs and projects.
Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
Must possess the ability to work independently with minimal oversight while maintaining focus on research objectives defined by the client.
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 60 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.