CACI International Systems/Application Administrator in Charlottesville, Virginia
CACI is seeking an experienced Systems/Application Administrator to support our DoD client in Charlottesville, VA. As an emerging expert and member of an experienced production support team in a fast-paced and agile environment, the Systems Administrator helps support the daily operations of multiple instances of a web application and Oracle database. Further, this position will require you to be part of a bench of employees who can be called upon to deploy OCONUS (to include hazardous duty and austere condition locations) in order to support instances of the application at sites around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Reviews performance logs and monitors system performance.
• Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance
• Troubleshoots and resolves system hardware, software and communications problems; creates shell programs and utility scripts; performs configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
• Ensure integrity of servers through evaluation, implementation, and management of appropriate software and hardware solutions.
• Ensure data and media recoverability though system backups and database archive operations.
• Support media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
• Conduct routine hardware and software audits of servers for compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines.
• Performs regular file archival and purge, as necessary.
• Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts, per request.
• Works with internal and external customers to troubleshoot system issues.
• Administration of application when deployed.
• Supports night and weekend maintenance, as needed.
• Supports an on-call schedule during non-working hours
• Supports weekday core hours of 10AM – 6PM
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.