CACI International Test Bed Computer Operator II in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Test Bed Computer Operator II
Job Category: Service Contract Act
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Secret
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Local
We have a great opportunity for an AFSCN Test Bed (ATB) Computer Operator 2 to support the Consolidated AFSCN Modifications, Maintenance, and Operations (CAMMO) Contract which maintains the requirement of operational performance through a consolidated service of operations, site support, organizational and depot maintenance, sustainment, modifications, and factory/launch compatibility testing for the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN).
What You’ll Get to Do:
Support ATB operations, maintenance, scheduling, and configuration control. Update and maintain Process Familiarization. Evaluate ATB Physical Compliance on an on-going basis, assess and update ATB Configuration Compliance, account for Government Furnished Property (GFP) on an on-going basis, maintain the ATB Performance Baseline, support ATB operations, maintenance, scheduling, and configuration control and continually work toward ATB process improvements and efficiencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigns file permissions and establishes password and account policies; installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software in a production environment.
• Responsible for system security and data integrity.
• Reviews performance logs and monitors system performance.
• Troubleshoots and resolves basic level system hardware, software and communications problems; may perform configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
• Installs, configures and tests software packages.
• Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Performs backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Completion of periodic maintenance instructions on the different systems residing within the AFSCN Test Bed in accordance with applicable Technical Orders
• Ability to work a flexible schedule. The ATB is a Monday – Friday 0600-2300 operation. Day and swing shifts are a normal work schedule. And, when directed by the Government, 24-hour surge support for up to 30 calendar days per year.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
• Typically has 3 years of experience. May require vocational or technical education in addition to related work experience.
Good Communication skills
Good Microsoft Office skills
Current active CompTIA Security+ with Continuing Education at time of hire or must obtain within 9 months of employment date, or other DoD Approved IAT Level II 8570 Baseline Certification.
Ability to obtain an Active Secret security clearance is required.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• AFSCN and/or DoD experience preferred
• ARTS and/or RBC experience desired
• RF satellite signal theory and troubleshooting skills
• Understanding of VMWare, NetApp, SolarWinds, VPN configuration, Blade Server support
• DCC and WANIU communications and configuration
• CISCO Router and Switch network configuration and management
• Understanding configuration of: OSPF, QOS, access control lists, KG-175D and KIV-7M technologies
• Ability to learn and work with Windows, Linux, and Solaris controlled RF network to support customer requests and questions in compliance with DoD security standards
Desired Certifications: CompTIA SecurityWhat We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Pay Range: The proposed salary range for this position is $0-$0. There are a host of factors that can influence final salary including, but not limited to, Federal Government contract labor categories and contract wage rates, relevant prior work experience, specific skills and competencies, geographic location, education, and certifications. Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and learning and development opportunities. Our broad and competitive mix of benefits options is designed to support and protect employees and their families. Employment benefits include health and wellness programs, income protection, paid leave and retirement and savings.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.