CACI International Senior Satellite Systems Engineer in Fairfax, Virginia
Senior Satellite Systems Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Continental US
Work as a member of a team to provide senior level support in the maintenance of various satellite antenna systems deployed as part of a worldwide network. Remotely monitor and troubleshoot multiple types of satellite systems with the support of on-site technicians to insure minimal downtime. Develop and apply advanced Radio Frequency engineering theories, methods and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex technical problems and projects.
More About the Role:
· Perform remote troubleshooting and analysis of satellite systems to ensure proper operation and minimize downtime.
· Provide high level support to technicians and installers on an as needed basis to include 24/7 mission support.
· Coordinate with multiple carriers, whether landline or satellite, and various field staff in circuit restoration, configurations, specifications and requirements.
· Provide step by step technical support to overseas sites whether over the phone or via remote access assistance in the troubleshooting and repair of communication systems
· Maintain local and remote sites configuration logs, wiring list, block diagrams and interconnect diagrams
· Provide occasional on demand travel to troubleshoot and repair overseas sites.
· Measure field data to identify RF signals frequencies and respective powers and detect any deviation or possible interference.
· Compile and evaluate test data, prepare technical analysis, recommend methods and processes required to meet design objectives on new or improved products and/or processes.
· Must be flexible and adaptable to changing needs and requirements.
· Must be a self-starter and able to work independently or in a group setting.
· Normal demands associated with an office environment.
· Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
· Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
· Overseas travel of up to 10% may be required.
· Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field and a minimum 10 years of experience is required for this position.
· TS/SCI w/ poly is required
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. As such, any offers of employment may be contingent upon COVID-19 vaccination or an approved accommodation. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.