CACI International Scrum Master in Falls Church, Virginia
- Are you tired of working to patch legacy applications and ready to put your knowledge, skills and experience to work building a true modern application that is new development, cloud native, working in a SecDevOps environment including real Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, in a consistent Agile Software Development Framework? CACI is currently looking for a Scrum Master with Agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation’s safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity. ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
The ideal candidates have both strong Agile Scrum delivery skills and project facilitation experience. They will interface with client personnel and use oral and written communications skills to develop great working relationships with stakeholders including customer Product Owners. This position is responsible for ensuring that all assigned work activities are performed in a timely and cost-effective manner while maintaining the highest quality of performance.
What you’ll get to do:
Lead a team to success in delivering working software products through an incremental approach. Goal is to lead the team to their terminal velocity, remove impediments and champion the ASF methodology. Basic responsibilities include: * Support the team in achieving daily, iteration, and release goals and delivery objectives * Implement, enforce and continually improve Agile/Scrum principles/ practices * Assess team's Agile maturity and coach teams to higher levels of maturity * Provide mentoring and training for the team on Agile processes, methods, and practices * Serve as the leadership proxy * Proactively seek opportunities to use process improvement and re-engineering methodologies to facilitate improvements to team processes * Facilitate positive team dynamics to help maximize team performance * Identify and remove impediments to help protect the team from outside influences, which could otherwise interfere with the team’s ability to deliver
Experience in managing professionals who exercise latitude and independence in assignments * Leads, directs and reviews the work of a team who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments. * Manages a team with a focus on policy, implementation of strategic initiatives and execution of day to day deliverables.
Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria include but are not limited to:
3 year check for felony convictions
1 year check for illegal drug use
1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
Professional Experience: at least five + (5) years related experience; particularly working on government contracts
College degree (B.S. or greater) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Experience accepted in lieu of degree
To be a coach and have a positive attitude. This is not a project manager position, although our SMs are leads that enable the product teams to succeed
You are good at:
Coaching, leading, facilitating meetings, holding the team accountable, being accountable for the process and the product.
Providing servant leadership style support to team - personify the ASF approach
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience participating in a high performing, highly engaged and motivated CM team
Solid experience in incremental software development projects using an Agile Scrum approach
Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle
Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong communication skills and work ethic; self-starter
Bonus would be having:
Advanced SM certifications * Multiple years leading Agile teams
Various application development experience
Experience supporting Federal government project * Experience supporting modernization, cloud, initiatives
Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
Experience working in a dynamic, multifaceted environment
Acts independently to expose and resolve challenges
What We Can Offer You:
• We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
• Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
• We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
• We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
• For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.