CACI International JAVA Software Developer in Fort Detrick, Maryland
What You’ll Get to Do:
Our medical logistics system is being rebuilt from the ground up using the latest technologies and practices as found in the large enterprise industry leaders. As a team member, you will be on the forefront in shaping and developing the system to meet the robust functional needs.
This tier is then backed by a restful business tier based on a microservice architecture. You may be involved in infrastructure development as well as focused microservice design, development, and implementation to satisfy direct functional needs.
Our backing data sources are a document based storage solution (currently MongoDB), with Oracle as a relational database component, Elasticsearch as a search indexing technology, and Hadoop for larger data / reporting needs. You will work with the data architects and database engineers to design the schemas and to persist the relevant java objects into the database technologies
You will have the ability to work among all of these tiers as your skills and interests fit. And, as this system grows and matures we envision bringing many more modern technologies and techniques into play – further increasing your experience and knowledge in a very fast paced, competitive industry. Exciting times, indeed!
• Working with development leads to design solutions (both user interface and business tier).
• Collaborating with business analysts to ensure that the product functional needs are met
• Meeting and working with focused development teams for various functional areas
• Writing the code, following the design, that brings the system to life
• Troubleshooting development issues as well as assisting with the diagnosis and corrections for our production system
• Utilizing our support services (Jira, Confluence, Git) to ensure that all work is authorized, tracked, versioned and documented
• Experience with enterprise level application development
• Strong architectural design skills
• Very strong Java EE skills including experience with hosting containers such as JBoss.
• Use of databases including document based and relational systems
• MongoDB, Elastic credentials or experience
• Experience with NiFi
• Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
• Experience or certifications with cloud hosting solutions, particularly AWS
• Microservice architecture / development experience
• Certifications such as Security+, CISSP
What We Can Offer You
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success
US-Fort Detrick-MD-FT. DETRICK
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.