CACI International Network Engineer in Fort Meade, Maryland
Job Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Continental US
What You’ll Get to Do:
Performs network services from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks. Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents. Performs general LAN/CAN/WAN administration. Schedules conversions and cutovers. Coordinates with all responsible users and sites to resolve network or system incidents. Translates business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, CAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders. Performs engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives in support of strategic modernization efforts and telecommunications enhancement design for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures. Assists telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management with network interfaces.
More About the Role:
· Optimize end-to-end system performance and dataflow management.
· Conduct data captures to obtain network performance information.
· Minimize network latency and maximize data throughput through design analysis and network performance monitoring tools.
· Provide input to the design of the organization's network and mission architecture.
· Design solutions, integrate, configure, deploy, test and provide ongoing maintenance for numerous types of network devices, interfaces and methodologies.
· Configure and optimize the network to connect various front-end and back-end components.
· Gather needed data to specify system/component performance and interface requirements.
· Implement specific network solutions to support server requirements to include load-balancing, VPN’s, firewall contexts, Traffic Shaping Voice over IP (VoIP), GRE Tunneling, IP Security (IPSec), IP Encryption, Media over IP (MoIP), and network address translation (NAT) where appropriate.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline and five (5) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering support and training commensurate with network engineering curriculums or a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security Systems Engineering, or related discipline and three (3) years of relevant professional experience providing Network Engineering support. Seven (7) additional years of relevant experience providing Network Engineering support may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree, making the total experience requirement twelve (12) years in Network Engineering without a degree. Certifications: An Information Assurance Technical (IAT) level I baseline certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 60 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.