CACI International Senior Systems Engineer - TS/SCI w/Poly in Fort Meade, Maryland
More About the Role:
CACI has an exciting opportunity for the right person with a current TS/SCI with Poly to join our team as a System Engineer in the Annapolis Junction area. Qualified candidates will have several opportunities to support the Department of Defense in conducting cyber vulnerability evaluations of critical infrastructure and weapons systems. We are looking for system and cyber security engineers who enjoy working in a fast paced team environment. You will support and possibly lead a variety of cyber vulnerability evaluations. You will have the ability to work and collaborate with individuals and organizations from the Armed Services and other Government Agencies is critical. There will be opportunities for domestic and international travel.
What You'll Do:
· Develop Standard Operating Procedures, Work-flow diagrams, SOWs and etc; which includes quality control processes, formatting version control and reviewing/editing for grammatical errors.
· Monitor and validate operations of program schedules and deliverables.
· Fully identify interfaces in terms of origination, destination, stimulus, and data characteristics for highly integrated platforms.
· Analyze technical data to mitigate risk and reduce cost of system development.
· Develop alternative courses of action, workarounds, and fall-back positions risks, and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones.
· Maintain knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest. Apply and enforce use of suitable standards to ensure consistency and interoperability of developer hardware and software.
· Ensure effective, periodic review and control of the evolving configuration of a system, both hardware and software components and associated documentation, during the life of the system.
· As a participant in Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) efforts as needed, to recommend a preferred solution based on selection criteria adjusted for reasonableness and validity of assumptions, technology limitations, environmental impact, and life cycle costs.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Minimum of fourteen years of experience as a System Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Demonstrated experience in planning and performing Systems Engineering efforts is required. Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is preferred. Five years of additional System Engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
In addition, the following skills are a plus:
· Significant experience creating documentation, drawings, and presentations using MS Office products, especially MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
· Some experience with MS Windows 7 and 10 Operating Systems.
· Familiarity with product life cycle development and both traditional and Scrum project management.
· Familiarity with configuration control processes.
· Familiarity with DoD Certification and Accreditation process plans and procedures to include system categorization and the implementation of system security controls.
· Familiarity with DoDAF enterprise architecture development.
· Knowledge of program risk identification, and risk management/mitigation via formal risk management practices.
· Extensive experience with customer systems and mission.
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.