CACI International Cyber Security Project Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
Cyber Security Project Engineer
Job Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Outside Continental US
At CACI, our philosophy of employee development and advancement rests on a cultural foundation of providing unlimited and equal opportunity for growth, recognition, and rewards. We provide the environment, support and responsive, available management to nurture and stretch your abilities. We also offer a career mobility program to make it easy to build a dynamic career at CACI and offer flexible work schedule arrangements to support work/life balance.
CACI’s NEW Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy allows employees to take vacation as needed, without a set number of minimum or maximum days, and is available day one of employment! CACI has been named one of Fortune magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies and has been named an Energage Top Workplace USA for 2023!
CACI also has more than 20 Communities of Practice to share and gain skills and knowledge regarding various technologies and topics including SAP, Salesforce, Agile Development, and many more. The associated Learning Academies provide training and certifications to gain additional skills and build your brand. With over 25,000 employees worldwide, CACI has been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
CACI is seeking a hard-working mission minded individual for a Cyber Security Project Engineer opportunity in Herndon, VA .
ISSE: Candidate shall provide expert-level security support/guidance to engineering and technical IT related activities within the organization. In addition, candidate shall provide day-to-day support and oversight of all Information Assurance, Certification & Accreditation and Assessment & Authorization activities. Responsible for managing the processing of all organizational efforts through the risk management cycle, this includes closely coordinating and track risks, accreditation status, and reporting status across project teams. Generate security plans as required and be the security advocate for all system/architecture changes. Assemble and submit C&A packages to Principal Accreditation Authority/ Designated Accreditation Authority. Coordinate C&A actions and system testing with appropriate security personnel. Maintain a document repository where C&A project documentation is stored.
• TS/SCI with poly is required
• Candidate shall possess a minimum of eleven (11) years of experience in IT security and information assurance
• Experience in an ISSO /ISSE / ISSM role. Working knowledge of Intelligence Community Information Assurance policies and regulations and how they relate to the certification and accreditation process.
• Experience authoring and maintaining systems security documentation including documentation of security mitigations and successful completion of DCID 6/3 or ICD503 accreditation process
• Demonstrated experience navigating the Sponsor's security and accreditation process to include certification and accreditation of an IT system to Authority to Operate (ATO)
• Candidate shall possess knowledge and experience in generating appropriate security documentation to receive proper accreditation from Directorate security personnel and correcting security shortfalls as they are identified through Agency sponsored reviews.
• Experience using XACTA Tool
• Strong technical skills and analytic ability.
• Good communications skills, written and oral.
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have
• PMP Certification
• Knowledge of Customer PMF process
• Knowledge of FISMA, DCID 6/3, ICD 503 Standards
• Knowledge of IT development lifecycle
• Knowledge of Customer organization and processes specific to security requirements for IT systems and accreditation/certification.
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 60 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.