CACI International Senior Network Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
Senior Network Engineer
Job Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Outside Continental US
What You’ll Get to Do
Selected candidate will work as part of a collaborative, multidiscipline team in support of U.S. Government and provide technical subject matter expertise in the field of network engineering.
• Strong background designing and implementing Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN)
• Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP Networking
• Experience with VPN technologies and protocols including IPSEC and SSL
• Experience configuring and trouble-shooting LAN Switches, Routers, and Firewalls and VPN concentrators.
• Ability to convey technical designs, ideas and results to non-technical audiences and provide briefings to high-level government personnel.
• Experience in authoring documents (reports, briefings, etc,) to support customer missions.
• Demonstrated ability to apply the engineering design process to discover innovative methods to solve technical problems and meet client requirements.
• Must have experience working with Customer Enterprise Network; 4 years minimum experience.
• Must understand Customer security standards and approval process
• Must be familiar with Type 1 encryption devices utilized by the Customer.
• Must have knowledge of Cisco Routing and Switching, and network architecture planning. Ability to configure and manage Cisco ASA appliances.
• Must have knowledge of remote administration and secure Virtual Private Networking.
• Must understand commercial encryption standards and their application in IP networking.
• Must have knowledge of VPN technologies, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IP Multicasting
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
• Must have knowledge of Wireless Fidelity (WiFi) IEEE standards: 802.11 a/b/g/n and how to apply them to an enterprise network architecture.
• Relevant experience designing communications systems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analysis and critical thinking skills
• Ability to work independently as well as within small and large groups
• Capable of preparing and presenting briefings
• Experience with Microsoft Office product line, including Microsoft Access; experience with Lotus Notes
• 11 Years experience required, Bachelor’s Degree, or higher in a related field. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
• Knowledge of CFSC standards
• Knowledge of Storage Area Network (SAN) technology.
• An understanding of Private Branch Exchange telephony, to include Avaya/Nortel telephone switches
• An ability to navigate and configure Linux operating systems
• An understanding of RF transport mediums to include cellular, microwave, and satellite communications.
• An understanding of wired data transport mediums to include Category 5e/6 and fiber optics.
• An understanding of EAP-TLS certificate based encryption and RADIUS authentication.
• Prior deployment to hostile areas in support of customer mission
• Prior experience communicating official traffic in the customer Electronic Messaging System (EMS)
• Certifications such as CCNP, CCNA, CCIE, MCSE
• Familiar with military communications
• Familiar with satellite and wireless communications.
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 60 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.