CACI International Systems Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
What You’ll Get to Do:
The principal function of the System Engineer position is to provide a high quality, secure, and resilient hosting platform that supports the organization’s operational and business needs. Primary responsibilities include providing premier Tier 4 engineering support for the global enterprise hosting platform infrastructure.
Specific tasks include:
• Review/analyze enterprise hosting platform infrastructure disaster recover needs and related computer system capabilities, workflows, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially-available software.
• Identify virtualization requirements, designs, and test strategies for new platforms with enterprise-wide application.
• Conduct testing and integration of automation scripts and workflows needed to auto-build designed platforms, computer programs, and systems.
• Identify performance/system integrity issues and solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal.
• Provide premier Tier 4 hosting platform engineering/life cycle support (advanced troubleshooting and diagnostics) for assigned incident/trouble tickets, service requests, and change requests submitted by internal/external customers.
• Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as platform malfunctions and program problems. Answer questions/resolve hosting platform malfunctions/problems for clients in person, via telephone, or using automated tools with remote access to system being evaluated.
• Understand and implement established enterprise infrastructure engineering technical/workflow procedures and the change management process.
• Prepare technical engineering documentation, including both system-level and user-level documentation.
• Develop engineering solutions, automated when feasible, that may be transitioned to an O&M organization.
• Other duties as assigned.
Strong experience with VMware technologies used to support disaster recovery operations and hosting platform technical implementations (VMware, vCenter, ESXi, NSX, Site Recovery Manager, vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator etc.).
Understanding of enterprise architectures and applications (virtual machines, disaster recovery)
Experience defining success criteria and building/supporting disaster recovery validation test plans.
Solid Tier 4 troubleshooting/diagnostic support skills for a global enterprise.
Extensive experience with Active Director/ Group Policy Object (GPO).
Extensive experience with DNS/DHCP
Extensive experience with Enterprise Networks/VLAN/SMTP/TCP.
Strong customer service orientation.
Experience with quality assurance, testing and validation processes.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks while under pressure.
Ability to self-learn, act on own initiative and work in a dynamic environment.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Experience with VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
Experience deploying and configuring ESXi hosts using Auto Deploy and Host Profiles
Experience performing analysis of orchestration workflows with the vRealize Orchestrator, as well as using vRealize Orchestrator to build automation scripts and automation processes.
Familiarity with vRealize Operations Manager (vROps)
Familiarity with vRealize Automation (Vra)
Experience with Windows Operating Systems (Win7, Win10).
Experience with Windows Server Operating Systems (2008R2, 2012R2, 2016).
Strong experience with storage technologies.
Experience automating and deploying VMware components
Experience with Cisco UCS and Hewlett-Packard
Familiarity with REST services
Familiarity with VDI technology (Citrix Presentation Server, Xen Desktop, XenApp)
Familiarity with Linux Server Operating Systems
Familiarity with Git and JIRA
Windows server troubleshooting/diagnostics
VMware certified professional-Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV) or VMware Certified Professional-Network Virtualization (VCP-NV) or VMware Certified Professional-Cloud Management Automation (VCP-CMA)
MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) or MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) or MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional)
Education and Experience Requirements:
10 Years of job related experience and High School/GED diploma
8 Years of job related experience and Associate degree
4-7 Years of job related experience and Bachelor’s Degree
3 Years of job related experience and Master’s degree
2 Years of job related experience and Doctorate
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.