CACI International Telecommunications Specialist in Herndon, Virginia
Job Category: Engineering
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 50%
Type of Travel: Continental US
At CACI, our philosophy of employee development and advancement rests on a cultural foundation of providing unlimited and equal opportunity for growth, recognition, and rewards. We provide the environment, support, and responsive, available management to nurture and stretch your abilities. We also offer a career mobility program to make it easy to build a dynamic career at CACI and offer flexible work schedule arrangements to support work/life balance.
CACI’s NEW Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy allows employees to take vacation as needed, without a set number of minimum or maximum days, and is available on day one of employment!
CACI has been named one of Fortune magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies and has been named an Energage Top Workplace USA for 2023!
CACI also has more than 20 Communities of Practice to share and gain skills and knowledge regarding various technologies and topics including SAP, Salesforce, Agile Development, and many more. The associated Learning Academies provide training and certifications to gain additional skills and build your brand.
With over 25,000 employees worldwide, CACI has been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
CACI is seeking a hard-working mission-minded individual for a Telecommunications Specialist opportunity in McLean, VA .
What You’ll Get to Do:
• Ability to manage accountable property
• Ability to independently resolve most field/base infrastructure issues
• Ability to give details to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to adhere to security and safety standards, counter-intelligence and applicable communications policies and procedures
• Ability to independently perform specialized equipment and systems installations, modifications, and upgrades.
• Ability to test, identify, and resolve most tier 1 and tier 2 equipment and system problems
• Ability to be medically and administratively cleared for travel
• Ability to successfully qualify for weapons training
More About the Role:
• Willingness to perform extended TDYs in dangerous/hostile environments
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• TS/SCI Polygraph required
• Eleven (11) or more years direct experience with Sponsor traditional and tactical communications projects and design.
• Previous experience as a Senior Communications Officer
• Experience with management of field tactical and operational communications systems and procedures
• IT experience in Customer environment
• Management of LAN systems
• SATCOM experience
• Direct experience / expert knowledge of Customer communication and message systems.
• Background in and understanding of current installation procedures (CIP) and field training of personnel.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Knowledge of field communications
• Experience in war theaters and OCONUS travel
• Experience as a Project Manager in Customer Environment
• Understanding of a Communications Center
• Familiarity with ICOM/Motorola/Harris equipment and its use
• Considerable knowledge of operations, maintenance and management communications security systems including cryptographic equipment and accounts
• Working knowledge of policies and regulations related to the completion of assigned work
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever-vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 60 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
Pay Range : There are a host of factors that can influence final salary including, but not limited to, geographic location, Federal Government contract labor categories and contract wage rates, relevant prior work experience, specific skills and competencies, education, and certifications. Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and learning and development opportunities. Our broad and competitive mix of benefits options is designed to support and protect employees and their families. At CACI, you will receive comprehensive benefits such as; healthcare, wellness, financial, retirement, family support, continuing education, and time off benefits. Learn more here (https://careers.caci.com/global/en/employee-benefits)
Since this position can be worked in more than one location, the range shown is the national average for the position.
The proposed salary range for this position is: