CACI International EVA Space Suit Embedded Software Development Engineer in Houston, Texas
What You’ll Get to Do:
CACI is looking for an experienced Advanced Space Suit Embedded Software Engineer to provide NASA Johnson Space Center with embedded software skills in the development of human-rated, next generation space vehicle software. In particular the individual will work on the Exploration Extravehicular Mobility Unit (xEMU) Portable Life Support System (PLSS) spacesuit project. This work will include prototyping, design, development, test and verification, integration and certification of embedded software.
More About the Role:
This position requires a self-motivated, capable person with strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition to outstanding technical expertise, the individual must be very people savvy, have strong customer relationship skills, possess a positive team-player attitude, be flexible and willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise, and be an articulate speaker able to communicate complex technical ideas in a convincing manner. The individual must share our passion for our Nation's Space Program and share in the excitement of developing the next human-rated space vehicles.
Job responsibilities include:
• Design and develop embedded software for spacesuit micro-controllers.
• Perform systems engineering in support of software interface definitions, design, and performance analysis.
• Perform software integration, test, and verification.
• Integrate and test software/hardware in avionics test bed and flight certification environments.
• Collaborate with engineering teams and contractors across multiple NASA programs and projects.
• Ensure adherence to JSC standard software process practices.
This work takes place at NASA/JSC in Houston, TX, a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in human space flight and the space exploration initiative.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Must be a U.S. Citizen for access to USG facilities.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related disciplines and 10 years of related work experience
• At least five years of experience in embedded software development for safety-critical software.
• Strong C programming skills and experience with Linux.
• Strong technical skills in Real-time software applications, and bus communication (e.g., 1553, RS-422, RS-232, LVDS, USB).
• Must have significant experience in the entire software life cycle.
• Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Requires the ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
• Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related disciplines.
• Experience with Atmel AVR micro-controllers.
• Experience with VxWorks.
• Experience with NASA Core Flight Software (CFS).
• Experience with GitLab and the git version control system.
• Experience developing and troubleshooting device drivers.
• C++ and Python development skills.
• Familiarity with human-rated space systems (e.g., ISS)
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.