CACI International Storage Engineer in International, Germany
Are you interested in continuing your career in Europe in a mission focused environment? CACI has established and upcoming positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement of AFRICOM, EUCOM and CJTF-HOA’s mission objectives.
What You’ll Get to Do:
CACI has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, team-oriented, Storage Engineer. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS
More About the Role:
The Storage Engineer (SE) will be responsible for collaborating with other storage, virtual infrastructure, and network engineers to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot the enterprise storage and virtualization infrastructure. The SE will be directly responsible for provisioning and managing volumes and LUNs, performing capacity review and analysis, and acting upon incidents, change requests (CRQs) and service requests. The SE will also analyze and provide recommendations for hardware and software life cycle and standardization for the enterprise and recommend best-practice solutions for datacenter and virtual infrastructure technologies.
The ideal candidate will have experience and a strong engineering background in implementation and management of Data Center technologies to include NetApp storage solutions, VMware-based virtual infrastructure environments, SAN protocols (fibre channel, FCOE), and NAS protocols (NFS, SMB) Familiarity with Cisco UCS, Fabric Interconnects, Cisco Nexus switches, Cisco Hyperflex, and Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop would be desirable.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products, solutions and ideas in a business-like manner and be experienced in interfacing with customers, client managers and system users. The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environment that requires team interaction and coordination of efforts including remote site support and/or travel to customer servers and sites as required.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Currently hold an adjudicated Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- BA/BS + 5 years recent specialized or AA/AS +7 years recent specialized or a major cert + 7 years recent specialized or 11 years of recent specialized experience
- Baseline security certification that meets or exceeds DoD 8570 IAT II (Security+, or equivalent)
- Professional certification that meets or exceeds DoD 8570 IAT II:
NetApp Cluster-Mode Certification ( NCDA, NCIE ) -or-
VMWare Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV) -or-
Cisco Data Center Certification ( CCNA, CCNP )
- Must be willing/able to work OCONUS
- Effective communications throughout all levels of operational command
- Ability to document system process and architecture
- Knowledge of following and implementation of DISA STIG requirements
- TESA eligibility
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- ITIL v3 or v4 – Foundation
- CCNP Data Center
- VMWare NSX
- Deploying Cisco ACI and HCI solutions
- Software Defined Networking
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Exchange, Active Directory, and SharePoint
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.