CACI International GIS Administrator / Analyst in Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardso, Alaska
CACI International, Inc. is seeking an experienced GIS Analyst to lead a GIS program at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson (JBER), Anchorage, Alaska. The position is specifically responsible for managing geospatial information and applications for remote military facilities around Alaska and the South Pacific. The ideal candidate will want to help an organization get the most out of GIS technology. This organization uses GIS similar to any city or local government in that they use spatial information to manage and make decisions on the development and maintenance of military installations they are responsible for. The Air Force’s implementation of GIS, “GeoBase”, is a mature, robust program that is a part of a much larger US Air Force GIS effort and you would be leading a piece of an Air Force wide program. In place are robust standardized datasets in an enterprise Oracle database, ArcGIS Server web applications, and a team of military and civilian coworkers. Daily job activities will include creating solutions for base users of GIS technology, data development and maintenance, database and website administration, general GIS support and training, and carrying out tasks from parent organizations. A team of talented GIS Analysts, Web Developers, System Administrators, and Project Managers support this position as needed.
The perfect candidate will be a team player who wants to grow their skillset, proactively communicate with customers and company co-workers, lead a GIS program, and take pride in their work.
The position is located on Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, in the Anchorage, Alaska area. The base is located just north of Anchorage, Alaska’s largest city and offers easy access to some of the most beautiful natural areas in the country. The position is part of a multi-year contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage GIS Data and applications for multiple locations
· Complete tasks which evolve GIS capabilities
· Train Airmen in the use of Geospatial technology
· Conduct GIS Analysis which informs decisions
· Communicate proactively on program opportunities and threats
· Work well with a team
You’ll Bring These Qualifications: This section should include required qualifications, including Years of Experience as outlined in the Job Leveling Guide. Remember, if your contract contains minimum Labor Category Qualifications, they must be included.
· Desire to lead a GIS program
· Bachelor’s degree in a scientific, technical, or analytical discipline
· Five years of experience with the use and administration of Esri’s ArcGIS Desktop and Server solutions.
· Experience with GIS data development in an enterprise environment
· Experience integrating enterprise geospatial applications into new and existing business processes
· Experience gathering requirements for applications from users of geospatial information
· Experience providing formal and informal training
· CompTIA’s Security+ certification or ability to obtain certification
· Current or willing to obtain US DOD SECRET security clearance
· Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and interpersonal skills
· Proactive communicator
· Self-motivated and an ability to work with minimal supervision
· Desire to live in Alaska
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
· M.S. degree in a scientific, technical, or analytical discipline
· Experience with and knowledge of advanced relational database concepts (Oracle)
· Previous Air Force or other military experience
· Experience providing formal and informal technical training or instruction
· Experience using GIS to support a city, county, or state government
· Experience using GIS to support installation management for the military
· Experience with Trimble's resource/mapping and survey grade GPS solutions
· Knowledge of Spatial Data Standards for Facilities Infrastructure and Environment
What We can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardso-AK-ANCHORAGE
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.