CACI International Linux Cybersecurity Engineer in King George, Virginia
Linux Cybersecurity Engineer
Job Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Secret
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Local
CACI is seeking a cleared Linux savvy engineer to work onsite in our offices in King George, VA. This is an immediate need supporting NSWCDD surface combat system development. We are looking for strong candidates to support Cybersecurity engineering and integration in a fast-paced environment. The most successful candidates will be solutions-oriented and self-motivated. Linux experience in a must!
Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance!
What You’ll Get to Do:
• Help keep DOD systems and personnel safe from Cybersecurity threats.
• Perform audits, document weaknesses, and provide mitigating strategies for software and systems.
• Design, develop, document, and test systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
• Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for DOD combat systems.
• Determine systems requirements.
• Analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls.
• Prepare operating instructions.
• Ensure software standards are met.
• Provide engineering support for technical implementation of Cybersecurity solutions in conjunction with hardware product development for military applications, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
• Perform technical verification and validation of tactical requirements, evaluate, and recommends alternative solutions.
• Perform analysis of the system product to include: requirements definition, system design, testing, operation, and maintenance.
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical and schedule constraints.
More About the Role:
• Plan Cybersecurity architectures, strategies, requirements, and implementations for DOD systems.
• Evaluate systems after implementation and integration. Prove that they satisfy Cybersecurity requirements.
• Manage incoming data about vulnerabilities in COTS products and advise customers how new information affects their Cybersecurity posture and exposure.
• Work with other communities to ensure user training and documentation reflects improvements in Cybersecurity defenses.
• Travel approximately once a month to perform evaluations at DOD facilities.
• Work with multiple DOD programs and systems.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• BS in Cybersecurity or BS or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
• Minimum 3 years of related work experience.
• Secret clearance (U.S. Citizenship required for DoD clearance).
• Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
• Knowledge of Linux Operating Systems and tools.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Cybersecurity certifications (such as Security+) highly desired.
• Knowledge of Virtual Machines (VMs), VM capabilities, and containers highly desired.
• Experience with autonomous craft.
• Experience with RMF and other DoD Cybersecurity processes and policies.
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 60 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.