CACI International Cyber Threat Analytical Research Program Analyst in Linthicum, Maryland
Cyber Threat Analytical Research Program Analyst
Job Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Local
The selected candidate will serve Program Analyst/Cyber Threat Analyst at the Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center utilize using their experience, knowledge, and analytical skills to support the Department of Defense (Research and Engineering)(OSD(R&E)) Joint Acquisition Protection and Exploitation Cell (JAPEC) effort. Assist in Identifying critical acquisition programs and technologies requiring elevated protection. Support the Implementation of advanced protection mechanisms within and across programs and technologies. (U) Support assessment of vulnerabilities associated with known losses.
The candidate will perform analytical research in a team environment focused on cyber threat actors/activity, author and review intelligence products by applying technical expertise, while also consulting and making recommendations for new solutions to cyber analytical issues as needed. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to collaborate with analysts across all DC3 directorates, task force analysts and JAPEC stakeholders outside of DC3, various other Intelligence Community agencies, and other Defense Criminal Investigative Organizations (AFOSI, CID, DCIS) on a regular basis. To integrate existing intelligence community (IC), law enforcement (LE), counterintelligence (CI) and acquisition community data, analysis, processes, and tools in order to develop courses of action that address consequences as well as support the prevention and mitigation of losses of unclassified controlled technical information (CTI).The candidate will rely heavily on their experience serving in past intelligence analyst roles in DoD, Computer Network Operations, Law Enforcement/Counterintelligence, or Intelligence Community mission focused organizations. The selected candidate should have the experience writing documents up to 30 pages in length.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Experienced in the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, basic understanding of malware (malware communication, installation, malware types), intermediate knowledge of computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS, router/switch) and open source information collection.
• Experience with Domain Name Service records.
• Experienced with Cyber Threat Intelligence principles to include indicators of compromise (IOC) types, indicator pivoting and indicator attribution strength.
• Experience with intelligence analysis methods, develop hypothesis, prove/disprove relationships, always ask why, defend your analysis, and apply attribution to cyber threat activity.
• Experience with confidence-based assessments for purposes of attribution based on their technical analysis of network traffic, multi-source data, malware and system forensic analysis.
• Experienced presenting technical information and analysis to groups up to 50 persons on a quarterly basis and experience briefing smaller groups up to 10 persons on a weekly basis
• Formal training as an intelligence analyst in any discipline graduate of US Govt intelligence analysis course: CAC, IBC, Kent School, IC 101, Analysis 101, Army, Navy, Air Force, etc
• Experience applying Kill Chain analysis, Cyber Intelligence Preparation of the Environment (CIPE) modeling, or Diamond modeling of cyber threat activity
• Certifications (any): CISSP, CEH, Security+, SANS certification(s), Network+, CCNA
• Advanced NETFLOW and PCAP Analysis
• Advanced Data Visualization proficiency leveraging COTS/GOTS tools
• Technical Skills proficiency: Python language, encryption technologies/standards
• Intermediate malware analysis or digital computer forensics experience
• Any type of Cyber related Law Enforcement or Counterintelligence experience
• Existing Subject Matter Expert of Advanced Persistent Threat activity
• Experience using COTS/Open Source tools: Novetta Cyber Analytics, Mitre ChopShop and/or ARL DSHELL
• Analyst experience in Federal Cyber Center, NSA, or Corporate CIRT
• Candidate must be able to identify analytic bias.
Suggested Qualifications: 18-22 years of professional experience without a degree; or 10-14 years of professional experience with a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education; or 8-12 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree; or 4 years of professional experience required with a related PhD or JD; Considered an emerging authority / authority in discipline. Consideration should always be given for the level of specific domain expertise.
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.