CACI International Systems Architect in Mclean, Virginia
This is your opportunity to join an organization that is developing the foundation to transition legacy customer supported applications to a complete DevSecOps Cloud Infrastructure: transitioning consulting and transformation services to a dynamic scalable enterprise solution.
The customer is looking for this position to help translate current customer technical requirements into Cloud-based solutions. The architect will be responsible to support the system development in an agile project management lifecycle, including creating the supporting engineering documentation, delivery of customer Cloud Strategies, aligned with customer’s business objectives and with a focus on Cloud Migrations.
The successful Candidate will be a Cloud Architect with current, relevant IT professional experience implementing a secure and non-secure strategy, with demonstrated experience migrating a diverse customer based traditional IT infrastructure to a full cloud computing environment. This position is within a system transition team focused on transitioning identified customer applications to a new Cloud environment. The Cloud Architect will provide applicable professional and consulting services to technical and non-technical customers.
This position will provide technical guidance in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including proposed solutions for customer application movements into an AWS regulated environment. The position will support Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions continuing driving technical Cloud expertise within the team.
This includes cloud adoption plans, cloud application designs, and cloud management and monitoring solution while leveraging an Agile / full DevOps Lifecycle. This Cloud Architect will support application architectures and deployment in cloud environment – including public cloud, private cloud and hybrid based customer environments. Additionally, this position will act a consultant to the organization and stay up-to-date on the latest enterprise trends and issues. This position reports directly to the customer first line supervisor.
• 4+ years’ experience in an IT Infrastructure Architect billet, with designing and implementing and AWS environment (cloud instances supporting servers, storage and networking needs), delivering end to end Cloud Infrastructure solutions (architectures and designs) with working knowledge in an Agile / DevSecOps environment.
• Hands-on experience leveraging industry standard tools such as Docker, Jira, GitHub.
• Hands-on experience with AWS-based Cloud Architecture secure environment with experience migrating traditional IT infrastructure to the cloud.
• Hands-on experience migrating hardware server based applications to a cloud based solution.
• Proven record of demonstrating strong analytical and problem solving skills in a hybrid environment.
• 10+ years’ experience with Legacy MS Server Operating Systems (PowerShell) and/or Linux Operating Systems (Perl, Bash, Python etc.).
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills to clearly articulate the technical merits and value of Cloud computing to non-technical audiences.
• Established background publishing of technical white papers focused on transitioning non-technical customer based to Cloud based solutions.
• Understanding of TCP/IP, VLANS, and LAN switching and routing performing basic configuration of LN switches and routers
Current AWS, Linux, and Windows industry recognized certifications
Candidate must have one of the following:
• 12 Years of job related experience and High School/GED diploma
• 10 Years of job related experience and Associate degree
• 8 Years of job related experience and Bachelor’s degree
• 6 Years of job related experience and Master’s degree
• 4 Years of job related experience and Doctorate
• Hands-on experience with patch management, system monitoring, sever less environment, provisioning and operating systems.
• Understanding of firewall principles and ability to perform basic configuration of firewalls and security appliances.
• Experience with design and implementation of Public Key Infrastructure and User of System certificates.
• Relevant Industry certifications such as on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Demonstrated the capability to quickly establish interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate cloud based Architectures.
• Working knowledge within an Azure environment supporting various customers.
Day shift with core hours 9am to 3pm.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.