CACI International LAN Technician (Tier II) in National Harbor, Maryland
LAN Technician (Tier II)
Job Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: None
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: None
Type of Travel: None
CACI is seeking LAN Technician to join our Tier II technical operations team on a contract supporting Department of Homeland Security. The LAN Technician will work on-site incidents to resolution in a 24/7/365 environment at DHS sites in the National Capital Region. They will work closely with other operations and engineering teams to quickly identify issues impacting the enterprise, triage, resolve incidents, document for root cause analysis, and complete pre-defined requests.
What You'll Get to Do:
Serve as an on-site Incident Management/Tier II Technical Operations member responsible for incident management and completing pre-defined requests. Responsibilities include:
• Respond to dispatch requests to resolve incidents and provide smart hands assistance at DHS sites.
• Work closely with other support teams to ensure incident events are handled in a timely manner.
• Directly interface with clients, customers, vendors, and other support team members to resolve incidents, fulfill requests, and complete tasks.
• Rack/unrack, install/uninstall, repair/replace, and set up/rebuild servers and network devices in network/computer rooms at DHS sites.
• Collaborates with other technical staff and management in the testing of new software, computer systems and network technologies.
• Inspect and maintain network and computer rooms at DHS sites including cable management.
• Document, track, and coordinate incidents in ServiceNow.
• Join troubleshooting bridge calls for major incidents.
• Perform Tier II-level administration tasks to fulfill pre-defined requests and tasks.
• Assist with postmortem related activities and support various efforts related to operational improvements.
• Based on recommendations from management, implement new and improved processes, change processes, perform new tasks, create reports, and address ad-hoc requests.
• Contribute to documentation in the Knowledge Base, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), work instructions, and job aids.
• Continuously cross-train in systems and network administration.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
• Ability to obtain DoD Security Clearance
• Ability to obtain Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry On Duty (EOD) - Active EOD preferred
• BA/BS + 8 years of applicable experience
• At least one of the following certifications:
• Relevant Microsoft Windows administrator certification
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• COMPTIA A+, or Network+, or Security+ Certification
• ITIL Foundation certification (not required to start but expected to attain in first six months)
• Ability to travel locally within National Capital Region
• Ability to travel long distance (within continental United States) up to 15%
• Work on-call rotation to respond to incident escalations
• Ability to perform in-depth troubleshooting on Windows Operating Systems (Windows 10 and Server), Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, network issues, print server
• Experience with patch management software (e.g., SCCM)
• Experience using Service Now service management software (or similar tool) to track incidents and service requests through the full lifecycle
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly (servers, switches, virtual hosts, etc.)
• Advanced experience with Active Directory management & administration
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Previous DHS or DoD experience
• The following certifications is highly desired:
• Relevant hands-on Microsoft Windows administrator certification
• COMPTIA A+, or Network+, or Security• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
• ITIL Foundation
• Knowledgeable of Problem Management best practice and processes
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.