CACI International Senior IT Training Specialist in Remington, Virginia
Senior IT Training Specialist
Job Category: Training
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Local
What You’ll Get to Do:
Train technical personnel on the operations and maintenance of complex customized and customer unique LAN/WAN systems.
More About the Role:
· Conducts comprehensive and complex training on LAN and WAN systems; messaging platforms and peripheral platforms both on-site and off-site for the client’s applications and systems to include lectures and hands-on sessions.
· Designs and develops complex technical training programs and curricula, both on-site and on-line, for employees on various software and/or hardware applications and systems.
· Researches and assists in writing technical and user manuals to support training.
· Works with engineering, technical support, and/or applicable area to ensure that material is accurate and reflects current product features.
· Gathers, reviews and analyzes course evaluations to determine effectiveness of training sessions.
· Prepares recommendations and reports to senior level personnel and/or management.
· Implements approved revisions to course materials as necessary to improve training effectiveness.
· Works with senior level personnel and business units/technical areas to conduct needs assessments to ensure training needs are met.
· Provides support with the installation hardware and designated software on designated automation equipment within the classroom environment.
· Updates classroom training materials such as student handouts, lesson plans, overhead slides, and practical exercises, as required due to new software, hardware or tasks from the client.
· Provides guidance and direction to less experienced trainers utilizing strong technical and training skills.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
· Candidate must have a Top-Secret Clearance with Poly
· Versed in operation, function and application of most types of LAN/WAN communications platforms
· Must have an industry or government recognized certification as an instructor, such as CompTIA CTT+ or be willing to become certified within the first six months
· Advanced knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office automation tools, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Experience with Black Board, Moodle and other training tools
· Familiarization with today’s on-line training environments
· Experienced in developing various types of documentation, such as training manuals, student manuals, and reference material
· Willing to travel abroad to conduct training
Desired Qualifications :
The ideal candidate will a strong understanding of the customer's IT infrastructure, platforms, security practices, and Basic Telecommunications Training Program familiarity.
· Additional Skills:
· Strong oral and written communications skills
· Infrastructure skills (racking and stacking equipment)
· Knowledge of the customer's field utility systems to include power systems, generators, HVAC systems, and other field utility systems
Desired Skills :
· Experience working with or being a TISO, Field Engineer, Engineering Specialist and/or classroom instructor is highly desired.
· Experience with the Blackboard Learning System and/or distance learning systems.
What We Can Offer You:
· We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
· Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
· We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
· We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
· For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.