CACI International Configuration Management Specialist in Reston, Virginia
Configuration Management Specialist
Job Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: None
Type of Travel: None
What You’ll Get to Do:
CACI is seeking the support of a Configuration Manager to support the efforts of a SAFe Agile DevSecOps program. This program execution follows DevSecOps best practices and employs robust development, test, and production environments. This role leads configuration management and other ITIL activities including HW/SW licenses, cross-domain data transfer, operations training, change and release management, and asset management. She/he will be responsible for providing technical support for a Configuration Management (CM) system through tools integration and tools administration. She/he will have recent, comprehensive experience in developing complex technical solutions and integrating tools for system CM following configuration management best practices. He/she must possess high energy, have a passion for CM, and be self-motivated. The environment demands the ability to quickly establish solid working relationships with coworkers and customers across organizational lines to effectively integrate into a complex technical program with many moving parts.
More About the Role:
• Provides configuration management planning
• Describes provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits
• Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software.
• Adhere to the Configuration Management (CM) requirements pertaining to hardware identification, change control and status
• Assure the continuity of product design configuration by reviewing and analyzing initial drawings/documents and implementing subsequent approved engineering changes in relation to drawings/documents
• Ensure all applicable specifications or MIL-Standard requirements have been adhered to
• Assist program personnel in the preparation of complex engineering change proposals (ECP) and related documents resulting from a change request
• Collect engineering data from program engineering and support functions. Provide for systematic release and distribution of formal drawings and associated documentation
• Review engineering drawings/documents in order to compare them with existing “on the ground” hardware configuration and recommend appropriate change
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with functional personnel in Engineering, Quality, Logistics, Procurement and Manufacturing during the fabrication/production phases for implementation and approved releases, changes and audits
• Maintain an effective working relationship with customers and configuration management personnel in order to obtain, interpret and transmit engineering data
• Maintain current program engineering files and assists in establishing and implementing “as built” records and status accounting systems for a program
• Coordinate Configuration Control Board activities which include, but are not limited to, establishing the agenda, recording approvals/non-approvals, and establishing and maintaining Action Item Lists
• Assure all necessary data is available
• Develops comprehensive knowledge of hardware development, production and operational phases of programs
• Maintain configuration management database (CMDB) and system documentation
• Process on a regular cycle discrepancy reports, requirements, build reports, investigation reports, request for changes and operation change requests
• Assist in changes to the CM process, responsible for establishing and maintaining both new and existing schedules
• Improve and develop the process, working methods and tools
• Liaise with the customer to ensure requirements are met and ensure the CMDB integrity
• Implement approved changes to CMDB structure including attributes and relationships
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Experience developing innovative approaches and solutions to COTS tool integration efforts
• Experience in a CM, Quality Assurance, Change Management, and/or Audit role, particularly on a large system
• Experience developing and maintaining installation procedures and documenting standard configuration settings for hardware and software systems
• Experience tracking software, hardware, and configuration status for software development systems, test environments, and operational sites
• Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to successfully work and communicate with and adapt to personnel at all levels and technical disciplines (software developers, test engineers, system engineers, etc.)
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project)
• Experience with Agile development methodologies
• Experience with team collaboration tools (Confluence, SharePoint, OneNote, etc.)
• Experience with software configuration management tools such as Jenkins, Git, Maven, Eclipse, etc.
• Understanding of configuration management best practices
• Has SAFe 5.1 SAFe Agilist Certification
• Program/project and configuration managers certified in ITIL 4 framework
Candidate must be a US Citizen
Candidate must have an active TS/SCI
Candidate must have a MA/MS degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience. This may be substituted with a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 12 years of total experience.
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 60 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.