CACI International Systems Engineer in Sterling, Virginia
What You’ll Get to Do:
In CACI's Cyber Capabilities and Development Division (C2D2), there isn’t a day that goes by where you won’t be challenged and have the opportunity to grow in an environment of innovation and fun! Although CACI is a mid- to large-sized company, C2D2 operates like an independent small agile business, developing and executing on both long-term projects, as well as, Quick Reaction Capability development, rapid acquisition, and short-term deliverables. We approach our Customers as mission partners and focus on mission-oriented capabilities that deliver tip-of-the-spear force multiplying effects. In short, we believe in our mission, our team, and our solutions!
More About this Role:
This position is on our cybersecurity team focusing on end-to-end engineering of interfaces, both internal and external, and architectural level system engineering activities. Work will also include definition and management of system requirements, CONOPs and verification activities. The preferred candidate should be able to work and function in a dynamic environment where requirements can change according to the customer needs. Candidate should be skilled in Agile Process Framework and be able to contribute to daily Scrums. The preferred Systems Engineer will have experience managing Scrum Team and be Scrum and Product Owner Certified. The successful candidate should be able to work with the development and test organization, participate in sprint planning, sprint execution and retrospectives. A solid understanding of the necessary tools needed to implement a DevOps Process Framework, i.e. Application release automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Education: Typically Has a (BA/BS) or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of related work experience to include process creation and improvement
◦ Demonstrate innovative influence for Business Groups and/or projects.
◦ Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements of systems or products to enhance performance of program/project.
◦ Apply process improvement, reengineering methodologies, and best practice principles to design and implement process modernization and improvements.
◦ Assists with analysis, evaluation, and assessment leading to development of recommendations for system and process improvements, optimization, development, and/or operations sustainment efforts for IT systems, software, and processes.
◦ Problems and issues faced are numerous and undefined, and require detailed information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem. Regularly employs ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions to solve difficult and moderately complex problems.
◦ Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function. Typically has responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.)
◦ Works to influence project/team leaders within and outside of the job function at project/program regarding solution design, process, and/or approaches
◦ The preferred candidate should be able to develop scenarios (threads) and operational concepts that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment.
◦ She or he will be able to review and/or approve technical documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete.
◦ Experience with development of system CONOP, requirements, and verification activities.
◦ Experience with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, etc.) as applicable to Agile/Scrum development and collaboration environment
What We can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.