CACI International Senior Oracle Database Administrator in Washington, District Of Columbia
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Job Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Secret
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Local
What You’ll Get to Do
CACI is seeking a senior Oracle database administrator to join our program as a member of our database team. As an experienced professional at CACI you will support application and database activities in managing and maintaining multiple Oracle 19c RDBMS environment instances in support of a DoD customer. You will provide senior level Oracle DBA support to a large implementation project in a complex environment which includes Oracle 19, and also Postgres, and SQL Server databases and multiple functional applications and technologies. Your DOD Oracle database experience will bring great value to the team.
Your contributions will directly impact the success of the customers' mission, our team, and ultimately CACI! In return, CACI will provide you with a company that fosters a culture based on integrity, strong ethics, quality work, and professionalism, while supporting your career growth aspirations.
More About the Role
In this role you will
• Manage and maintain an Oracle 19c RDBMS instances for a major DoD customer
• Support day to day Oracle Apps DBA activities as well as support to special projects including application rehosting migrations.
• Perform installation and upgrade of applications, databases, and tools including patching of technology stack and databases
• Apply database and application performance tuning techniques for keeping all environments at optimal performance
• Support and maintain backup and recovery activities and processes utilizing Oracle RMAN (Recovery Manager).
• Perform patching tasks for keeping all environments current with vendor patches
• Recommend improvements to processes and procedures to increase productivity, reduce maintenance cycles, and improve quality delivery.
• Provide on-call support to production environments including some weekend support
• Support and maintain password resets for server and database accounts
• Work cooperatively with functional and technical staff, to meet timelines and deliverables
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
10+ years experience with Oracle RDBMS versions 12, 18, 19
7+ years experience administering Oracle Application Server/Fusion Middleware
5+ years working with Oracle Identity Management products
In-depth understanding of DOD Oracle based databases
Experience working with Oracle Business Intelligence products
CompTIA Security+ certification
Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Minimum DOD Secret clearance
Must be US Citizen
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. As such, any offers of employment may be contingent upon COVID-19 vaccination or an approved accommodation. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.