CACI International Biomedical Equipment Maintenance Technician - BMET in Wright Patterson Afb, Ohio
Biomedical Equipment Maintenance Technician - BMET
Job Category: Engineering and Technical Support
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: None
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Type of Travel: Local
CACI is seeking a Biomedical Equipment Maintenance Technician - BMET to join our new team being developed for Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. You will have an important role in providing much-needed BMET support to our CACI mission supporting AMC (Air Mobility Command) Medical Readiness/ Logistics Program Support Services.
During the Ohio site construction, manning assistance will be required at an alternate facility in Dupo IL through June 30th, 2022.
What You’ll Get to Do:
· Inspections, inventory, maintenance, and repair medical, environmental, and non-medical equipment for worldwide military support and disaster relief
· Performing initial inspections, calibrations, diagnostics, general maintenance and repair of medical and general support equipment within Operating Expense and Maintenance (OEM) guidance.
· Use DMLSS (Work order/Inventory/Logistic software) to perform the preventive maintenance and repair on the equipment of the AFB Health
· Clinics and monitor and maintain repair part stock for the Biomed Repair Shop.
· Maintain the technical literature library and test equipment inventory ensuring resources are up to date and accurate.
· Comply with AFI 41-201
· Manage Clinical Engineering Program
· AFI 41-209, Medical Logistics Support; and DODI 6000.11 which governs Patient Movement.
More About the Role:
This position seeks a self-starter with a strong work ethic, pays great attention to the details, and can help our operations continue to run smoothly. In this role, you will utilize standard and specialized electronic test equipment and tools to perform calibration, maintenance, and repairs of medical equipment, as well as work with computer software programs for interfacing and calibrating various medical equipment
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
· 3 years of experience and a BA/BS degree OR 6 years of work experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree OR associate degree plus 4 years of work experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
· Graduated from a DoD Biomedical Maintenance course or an accredited civilian Biomedical Maintenance program.
· Experience in performing initial inspections, calibrations, diagnostics, general maintenance, and repair of medical and general support equipment (medical package tools and equipment, i.e., defibrillators, monitors, and ventilators) using military and manufacturer’s guidance.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Experience and certification using Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) software data application are highly desirable.
What You’ll Get to Do:
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. As such, any offers of employment may be contingent upon COVID-19 vaccination or an approved accommodation. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.